We are a service club that volunteers in our community. We have a number of events going on throughout the school year and summer, including the sunshine dances and bowling events with special needs children. We also work with various agencies to help the homeless, ill, and elderly. If you are looking for community service hours and a great group of people to work with- JOOI is your club! To join, please print the application form and return to Ms. Decio in room 6-202.
Sponsor: Teresa Decio- Teresa_Decio@scps.k12.fl.us
Officers: President: Trinity Turlington
Co-President: Julianna Weidler
Meeting times & place: every Thursday after school at 2:30 in Ms. Decio’s room, 6-202
Remind 101: Text 8101 to @hagertyj
The Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.